This is my personal Website Checklist.
My website does not generate enquiries.
My website does not rank for my search phrases in the search engines.
1. Internet marketing is not internet advertising.
2. Internet marketing is not PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising.
3. SEO is not PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising.
1. Stop and take a few steps back.
2. Work through all the questions set out below.
3. Implement the changes and correct shortfalls.
Can you answer Yes! to the following questions!
1. Is your website content organized in such away that it leads customers to a sale?
2. Does the content on your website make customers understand that you can solve their problems?
3. Does your website have content that targets each individual Customer Profile Group and lead them into a sales / buying cycle.
4. Does your website offer easy and quick access to solutions?
5. Is your content arranged and organized to target specific Customer Profile Groups?
6. Do each of these groups have the opportunity to identify their personal problems, needs and requirements on your website?
7. Does your website support the interest (basic info about problems & your solutions) stage of each customer profile group’s buying cycle.
8. Does your website present content / solutions in other ways than only text, for example video, images, charts, slideshows, graphs, etc.
9. Does your website support the research (detailed information about benefits and features) stage of each customer profile group’s buying cycle.
10. How does your website cater for the buying process for each of the Customer Profile Groups, look at the steps and stages in each buying cycle?
11. Does your website contain calls to action that lead the customer in taking further action?
12. Does your website only offer advertising instead of information? Millions of people are on the internet searching for solutions and answers.
13. Is your website content written for advertising purposes or is it written for customers?
14. Does your website engage and get your website visitor involved with the website?
15. Does the text on your website contain technical jargon instead of simple language that customers can understand and relate to?
16. Do your website visitors start relying on the content of your website? Do they come back for more and the latest news on a subject?
17. Does your website content influence buying decisions?
18. Does your content show that you understand the customer’s problems and that your company is able to solve these problems.
19. When a customer is ready to take action and enquire or buy. Does your website offer user friendly ways / mechanisms that help customers do the transaction for example subscribe to a newsletter, register, vote, order and purchase, make a donation, etc.
20. Is your website search engine optimized to target each of your Customer Profile Groups?
Very Important – also work through the – Internet Marketing Checklist